Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Lookup Formula - I think?

See this short video:

http://contextures.com/xlVideos08.html#VLookup01

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"KC" wrote in message
I have a tab called Status with one column with unique numbers in column B.
On my 2nd tab called Triple, the column headings are all the same as on
the
Status tab. What I'd like to do, is on the Triple tab, if I type in one
of
the unique numbers from the Status tab, I'd like all the information on
that
row, populated on the Triple Tab.

So, for instance, if Status tab B12 says 5512 and on the Triple tab in
cell
B2 I type 5512, I want all the information that is already populated on
the
Status tab row 12, to be populated in the Triple tab row 2.

I thought maybe a lookup formula might work, but its not. So maybe I'm
going about this all wrong. Can anyone help?