Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ripsnortr Ripsnortr is offline

Default Restocking spreadsheet

I have created a workbook using several spreadsheets to show all of the parts
of a machine I build for my company.

The main worksheet is the "master parts list". This sheet allows to have a
complete listing of all parts used in all models of our machines. It is set
so that the part is identified, and a formula generates the individual cost
per part.

The other worksheets are builds for each model that links to the data from
the "master parts list" to show all of the parts needed to build the machine.
This allows us to place the quantity and another formula tallies up the cost
of the number of parts used eventually ending up in a grand total for raw
materials.

What we would also like to use this sheet for is to make a checklist of
parts that need to be restocked. Somehow I would like to be able to check off
the items I need, then ether print off a list of all checked items, or only
show the checked items so they can be printed. That way I can give the person
that buys the stock a list as needed.

Thanks in advance!