Frank T

There is a defined name that specifies the range. You must either manually
update the range or create a dynamic name using formulas in the Defined
Names. The Name you currently have is probably "Database" and the reference
will look like
=Sheet1!$A$1:$E$500

No matter how you update the query this would only look down to row 500. To
make it dynamic I use the following trick:
Select the data sheet and create a name to find the last used row
In the Defined Name box type QTY
In the Reerence box type:
=MAX(ROW(IF(ISBLANK($A$2:$A$65536),0,$A$2:$A$65536 )),1)
Add the name
Now click on the name "Database"
Change the reference to look like this:
=OFFSET($A$1,0,0,QTY,5)

QTY counts the used rows and 5 says I have 5 columns. Modify as needed to
fit your situation.

"Dmorri254" wrote:

Hi,

Whenever I update my query to bring in new data, the defined range will not
expand to include the new data. How do I correct this si that when the new
data is returned, the defined range expands to include the new data.

Thanx