Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default why do I lose cell format in a pivot table?

No. You should have another column of values to signify the category with an actual entry - using
colors is generally not a valid data technique, though it is handy for reports. Then, you could
apply conditional formatting based on that field's value.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Megglesface" wrote in message
i have created a pivot table to pull data through from a worksheet.
In the worksheet I have some cells with blue text and some with red text to
signify two catagories.
When the information is displayed in the pivot table all the text is black.
Is there a way to make sure the pivot table data corresponds to the colours
in the worksheet?

Thanks