Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CW CW is offline

Default Moving data between columns

Good morning,

I wonder if somebody can help me? I am working on a large Excel spread sheet
containing c.20000 rows of data across 28 columns. The cells contain prices
that have been entered in the currency format. The spreadsheet is in regular
use and is often being edited, however it appears that some of the pricing
information is moving between the columns. For example a chunk of data that
was originally entered into column x seems to move into column y or z. This
appears to happen at random and the moving of data is not being performed
intentionally, (I am pretty certain of this as the people responsible for
editing the spreadsheet are also responsible for performing the amendments!).
The spreadsheet is sorted by column headings and we are using the 2000
version.

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Many thanks