Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BRob BRob is offline

Default Adding a sort to a working query asks for a parameter value

The following query works fine :

SELECT [Base Data].[Scale Max] AS Old, [Base Data].[New Scale Max FTE] AS
New, [New]-[Old] AS Diff
FROM [Base Data];

However, if I add a descending sort to the last column and then run the
query, I get a window opening asking me to "Enter a Parameter Value" for
New.

Can, SKS give me an idea as to how to resolve the problem.

The query that causes the parameter box to open is below

Tx in advance

Rob

SELECT [Base Data].[Scale Max] AS Old, [Base Data].[New Scale Max FTE] AS
New, [New]-[Old] AS Diff
FROM [Base Data]
ORDER BY [New]-[Old] DESC;