Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
peyman peyman is offline

Default How can I hide a formula in Excel 2007 from other users seeing

Hi Bob,
How come if somebody goes to VBA and see the formula?! Is there any way to
hide it in VBA and see it with a password or something?!
Thanx,
peiman

"Bob Umlas, Excel MVP" wrote:

Another way is to define it as a name, then hide the name. For example, if
yuor formula is =VLOOKUP(A1,table,2,False) then define a name, like
"MySecretFormula" and have it refer to
=VLOOKUP(A1,Table,2,False)
then in VBA you can use the immediate window to hide the name:
Activeworkbook.names("MySecretFormula").Visible=Fa lse

and from then on use =MySecretFormula instead of the VLOOKUP!

"Carrie" wrote:

I'm creating a spreadsheet for other users to enter data in and one of the
cells has a formula that I don't want them to see. I've got it to where I
can hide it on the first row but when I tab down to the next row it won't let
me enter any data. Is there a way to hide the formula in that column without
messing up the rest?