Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve Haack Steve Haack is offline

Default Data Validation Question

If I have a range of data that I have created as a Table in Excel 2007, is it
possible to have Data Validation point to that using the naming convention
that you can use for referencing tables?

For example, I have a tabel named tblEmployees and I have 2 columns named
EmpID and Name.

I want have some cells with Data Validation and I want to have them select
from a list. I woud like to set the Source on the data validation to:
=tblEmployees[Name] but it won't let me. It makes me use either basic range
names, or the cell references, each of which are not as dynamic as a table.

Thanks,
Steve