Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar Elkar is offline

Default Random Selection

One way:

With Student names in Column A, enter this formula in Column B:

=RAND()

Copy down for each student.

Then sort Columns A & B by Column B. Your student names will now be in a
new random order. The names in row 1 & 2 would be your first group, row 3 &
4 would be your second group, etc....

Just perform the Sort again to re-randomize the names.

HTH
Elkar

"Erika" wrote:

I have my 30 students listed in a spreadsheet, I would like to find a way in
excel that I can set up a formula that will randomly pair them up in groups
of 2.

I have them listed like the example below

1 Person A
2 Person B
3 Person C
etc.
I would like the result of the formula to random pair up the students.