Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pammy Pammy is offline

Default Pivot Table

If I have a large database that starts with 1/1/2005, I have a pivot table
set up that shows an Assigned Detective, and the total of Offenses he has
assigned. This works where I can select the det from the drop down and it
automatically gives the total of each offense that he was assigned. Agg
Assault 10, Burglary 15, etc. Is there a way I can do this for 2005, and
then one for 2006, 2007 and 2008. I need a total for each year by itself.
The problem is that this is a worksheet we keep adding to with each line
depending on the date. One I have to copy 2005 to a sheet and then 2006, etc?