Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Umlas, Excel MVP Bob Umlas, Excel MVP is offline

Default How can I hide a formula in Excel 2007 from other users seeing it

Another way is to define it as a name, then hide the name. For example, if
yuor formula is =VLOOKUP(A1,table,2,False) then define a name, like
"MySecretFormula" and have it refer to
=VLOOKUP(A1,Table,2,False)
then in VBA you can use the immediate window to hide the name:
Activeworkbook.names("MySecretFormula").Visible=Fa lse

and from then on use =MySecretFormula instead of the VLOOKUP!

"Carrie" wrote:

I'm creating a spreadsheet for other users to enter data in and one of the
cells has a formula that I don't want them to see. I've got it to where I
can hide it on the first row but when I tab down to the next row it won't let
me enter any data. Is there a way to hide the formula in that column without
messing up the rest?