Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spiky Spiky is offline

Default grouping cells

On Jul 21, 2:16 pm, johnrb7865
wrote:
Is there a way to group cells together? I am sorting data on one sheet and
this changes 1 column in another sheet. I need to have all data in a row
where the 1st column is sorted to move with the value from the 1st column.
If I
could group them together or somehow link the whole row then if the 1st
column changes the rest of the info in that row would go as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
John

First, the data doesn't "move". That means something else in Excel,
you'll want the correct terminology. You have a "reference" on the 2nd
sheet that changes when the 1st sheet changes. You apparently have
formulas in the 1st column on the 2nd sheet in order to do this.

If you want more columns to match the first sheet, you need formulas
in those columns, as well. Since you are using Sort on the first
sheet, some types of formulas could get messed up, but VLOOKUP won't.
So take M Kan's suggestion.