Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Background color according to a specific cell value

hi
better.
select B1
on the menu bar...
formatconditional format
formula is.......=B$9="Closed"..........format gray
ok.
copy B1. paste in desired cells.
done
Regards
FSt1

"One-Leg" wrote:

There will be 2 values in B9 (in a drop down list)...

OPEN
CLOSED

When OPEN is selected, I want the cells to remain white. When CLOSED is
selected, I want all cells mentionned bellow to turn grey.

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
we don't either.
what is in B9?
what conditon(s) would change the color?

regards
FSt1
"One-Leg" wrote:

Hello,

I have a document in which I want cells B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, B8 and
B10 to see their backgroubnd color change depending of the info fond in cell
B9...

I knwo I must use "Conditional Formating" but I just don't know exactly what
I need to enter as information.

Thanks in advance to all for any assistance.