Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
M Kan M Kan is offline

Default To find data

If you already have a list of known items you want to find, use this with a
VLOOKUP to match to the corresponding value in your master table. You can
also use an IF statement to mark everything that matches with a convenient
marker and then sort by this to collapse the matched data to pass on
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

"rocketron" wrote:

I need someone to help me. I don't know whether it would be easier to put
data from one sheet into another first and then find matches with this list
in the data of another.
I need to searcxh for items anhd then copy all the data that is adjacent to
the matched numbers to create a list for someone else to work with.

Can anyone tell me how to go about this. I think I should have started
earlier on learning spreadsheets!