Niek Otten

Probably your search argument is text, rather than a number. This often
happens with "numbers" from other sources.
Multiply by 1 and you get a number. FormatCells, on the Number tab, select
Custom, in the Type box enter 13 zeros

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Laudan" wrote in message
I have a column of 13 digit barcode numbers. I have a custom format to make
sure that all numbers are 13 digits. I have a lookup to the barcode cell
which worked the first time but after updating the query, I get n/a's in
the
lookup column. The cells show 2.1E+12 which is the format for number 12
digits or longer. I can make the lookup read the cell if I put a ' in the
cell but then I will have to do this to all of the cells in the column and
also add a 0 where necessary to make the barcode 13 digits. Also if I
change
one of the cells using the ' when I use the paintbrush, it does not update
the format of the other cells.