Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default Countifs with same reference?

If there are any values that are 25 or 40, perhaps you should use INT(25) and
INT(40), just to ensure there is no rounding issues?
--
John C

"CEBeau" wrote:

Yes. I counted myself and had another person verify.

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi

Nothing wrong with the formula. Are you sure than 50 entries falls into the
range ?

Regards,
Per

"CEBeau" skrev i meddelelsen
I am attempting to create age ranges using the COUNTIFS formula. However,
the numbers that is gives back to me are wrong.

The formula: =COUNTIFS(H:H,"<=40",H:H,"=25") should have a total of 50.
Instead it calculates 49. Is it a problem when the references are the
same
range in the database?

The column of ages is also a formula (date of birth - date of entry).
Could
this be the error?

I have tried all sorts of combinations in the number and have gone over my
data extensively. It seems to be an error in the COUNTIFS formula. But,
am hoping that I am just using it incorrectly.

Or, is there another formula that I can use to calculate age ranges?

Thank you.