Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CEBeau CEBeau is offline

Default Countifs with same reference?

I am attempting to create age ranges using the COUNTIFS formula. However,
the numbers that is gives back to me are wrong.

The formula: =COUNTIFS(H:H,"<=40",H:H,"=25") should have a total of 50.
Instead it calculates 49. Is it a problem when the references are the same
range in the database?

The column of ages is also a formula (date of birth - date of entry). Could
this be the error?

I have tried all sorts of combinations in the number and have gone over my
data extensively. It seems to be an error in the COUNTIFS formula. But, I
am hoping that I am just using it incorrectly.

Or, is there another formula that I can use to calculate age ranges?

Thank you.