Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default Select until blank row

Bonnie
How about this: HTH Otto
Sub Maybe()
Range("A1", Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1)).Select
End Sub
"Bonnie" wrote in message
The only problem is this selects to the bottom of the spreadsheet and I
only
want it selected to the first blank row. There are blank rows between
each
set of data and the number of rows varies but the blank tells me it's a
new
record.

Thanks Otto in advance.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

I think that maybe I know what you want, so maybe something like this?
Sub Maybe()
Range("A1", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)).Select
End Sub
If not, post back with a bit more info about what you are trying to do.
For
instance, why all the "Trim"? HTH Otto
"Bonnie" wrote in message
Looking for some advice for the best way to do this. Here's what I did
but I
think is cluncky:

Windows("MYFILE.xls").Activate
If Trim(Range("MASTER!A4")) = "" Then
Range("A1:A4").Select
Else
If Trim(Range("Master!A5")) = "" Then
Range("A1:A5").Select
Else
If Trim(Range("Master!A6")) = "" Then
Range("A1:A6").Select
Else
If Trim(Range("Master!A7")) = "" Then
Range("A1:A7").Select
Else
If Trim(Range("Master!A8")) = "" Then
Range("A1:A8").Select
Else
If Trim(Range("Master!A9")) = "" Then
Range("A1:A9").Select
Else
If Trim(Range("Master!A10")) = "" Then
Range("A1:A10").Select

I want to select all the rows with the last one being the blank row.

Thanks in advance.