Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Add into products table a column for last price change date. Now, when on
sales sheet dates start from A2, products start from B2, and prices start
from C2, and last row is 1000, and when on products sheet products start
from A2, LastChangeDate from B2 and LastPrice from C2, then:

Into cell B2 on products sheet enter array (with Ctrl+Shift+Enter) formula
like
=MAX((Sales!$B$2:$B$1000=$A2)*(Sales!$A$2:$A$1000) )

Into cell C2 on products sheet enter formula like
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sales!$A$2:$A$100=$B2),--(Sales$B$2:$B$1000=$A2),Salesa!$C$2:
$C$1000)

Copy formulas down on products sheet

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"samantha" wrote in message
Hi
thanks for the reply. I tried including the entire table,
but the error now is N/A for all the entries..
the problem is..
i have a small list of products and I want to know their
sales price(the last time they were sold). I have a big
excel sheet with historic sales data in seperate
worksheet. Now, I want to use vlookup to find the sales
price of the list of products. the sales proce is in
worksheet'historic_sales' in coloumn 'P'. The small list
of products whose prices i need are in worksheet 'list'.

Hope i made my problem clear.
thanks a lot for a help
cheers,
samantha