Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default removing/ignoring time in a date time field

So how would that apply to a named range?

I am looking through several hundred rows of data and trying to get a count
of issues on a certain date.

if the range name=Date how does that work into the formula below?

Thanks

Jeff
--
Jeff

"John C" wrote:

Instead of date=x, you can try

=IF(TEXT(date,"mmmm-dd-yyyy")=TEXT(x,"mmmm-dd-yyyy"),1,0)
--
John C

"Jeff" wrote:

I have data from a DB that I am working with. The transaction time is in
date, time format. when I want to run a function against this data

=sumproduct((date=x)*(issue=Y)*(status=z))

I would like to be able to query against a date (24 hour period)
unfortunately 7/17/2008 does not = 7/17/2008 01:00:54.

is there a way to ingnore the time stamp so that I can query the data and
pull all data on a specific date.

Thanks

Jeff

--