Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default row placement & alternating highlighting

John

A caveat here..................

Your formula will not survive through filtering

Use this instead =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 05:53:02 -0700, John C <johnc@stateofdenial wrote:

To keep some rows always on screen, click in the cell just below what you
always want frozen, then go to menu Window--Freeze Panes.

To do the every other row, I did the following:
Highlight Selection where you want it to appear (I would not recommend
conditional formatting the entire spreadsheet).
Clicked in cell A1, went to menu Format-- Conditional Formatting
Condition 1:
Formula is:
=Row()/2=INT(ROW()/2)