Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Worksheet tab name

Spot on, the extra A1 reference helps.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html

--
HTH

Bob

"DeanH" wrote in message
Excel 2003 on XP.
What is the syntax to return the worksheet tab name in a cell?
What I am after is when I rename a worksheet at the tab, I wont this
reflected in a cell on that worksheet.
Or is it possible that when I copy a previous worksheet, a cell
automatically creates a new sequential number, ie if the latest number is
15
(that is a tab is named 15 an a cell reflects this number) if I copy this
worksheet (or any other in this file) the cell changes to 16, and I
obviously
would want the Tab to be renamed 16 as well.

Make sense?
Many thanks
DeanH