Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Worksheet tab name

This formula will return the name of the worksheet that is active when excel
recalculates--not the name of the worksheet that contains the cell with the
formula.

Mike H wrote:

Hi,

Sheet name
=MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"))+1,255)
The workbook must be saved for this to work

Mike

"DeanH" wrote:

Excel 2003 on XP.
What is the syntax to return the worksheet tab name in a cell?
What I am after is when I rename a worksheet at the tab, I wont this
reflected in a cell on that worksheet.
Or is it possible that when I copy a previous worksheet, a cell
automatically creates a new sequential number, ie if the latest number is 15
(that is a tab is named 15 an a cell reflects this number) if I copy this
worksheet (or any other in this file) the cell changes to 16, and I obviously
would want the Tab to be renamed 16 as well.

Make sense?
Many thanks
DeanH

--