Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default date format code in national language version

Check you Regional Settings in the control panel, they might be set to
English.

--
HTH

Bob

"Stefi" wrote in message
Hi Suleman,

Thank you for yor response but checking the location we found that it was
Hungarian. We made some tests and found that changing location doesn't
effect
date format codes. Changing location modifies only the display style of
dates, e.g. order of year, month, date, or names of months and days.

Any further idea?

Regards,
Stefi

"Suleman Peerzade" ezt írta:

Hi Stefi,

You can select the entire sheet goto Right Click on the mouse Format
cells.
In format cells select the date catagory and below the type of date you
will
find location. Please select hungarian.
The workbook will be restored as desired.
--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

We use Excel2003 national language (Hungarian) version. Date format
codes
(y,m,d) are used in national language versions translated to their
national
language equivalents (in our case é,h,n). On one of our computers
something
happened, we couldn't detrmine any specific reason, and é,h,n has been
reset
to the original English values y,m,d.

What happened and how can we restore the national language
equivalents?

Regards,
Stefi