Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Cant use indirect() and dynamic ranges together?

TryThis refers to =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,10,1)

C1 = Try
C2 = This

=INDEX(INDIRECT(C1&C2),1,1)

I get #REF!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
This worked for me using

=INDEX(INDIRECT(C1&C2),1,1)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"nashism" wrote in message

I have defined a range using the following syntax:

SGDCalendar=Offset(A$1,0,0,4000,1) in a worksheet

I have similarly defined other names like MYRCalendar, IDRCalendar
primarily because I have other data that is labeled starting SGD, MYR
etc that I would like to combine this with.

now when I try to get a value from the range as INDEX(SGDCalendar,1,1)
it works correctly

but if I do something Iike INDEX(Indirect("SGD"&"Calendar"),1,1) it
gives me an #REF! error (note that "SGD" and "Calendar" will be
strings that will come from elsewhere in my workbook)

I have troubled many people around me to solve this but cant seem to
get any further. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ciao
Nash