Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
M Kan M Kan is offline

Default How do I nest more then 7 IF's?

I'd set up a VLOOKUP table that has your 13 values in one column (A) and the
corresponding values in the next column (B). I tend to group all of these on
a separate worksheet called LOOKUP values. This also let's you add more
values later. Assuming the first value you want to look up is in cell A1,
then your formula will look like this:

=VLOOKUP(A1,LOOKUP VALUES!A:B, 2, FALSE)
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Look in the help index for VLOOKUP

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"KenCanuck" wrote in message
Essentially I have a row of 13 dollar figures that I need to do a formula
that says =if(k1=a1,a2,if(k1=b1,b2,if(k1=c1,c2... Is there another way to
do
that?

"M Kan" wrote:

Are you trying to use this to catagorize a data set or summarize by
several
criteria? As far as I know, you can't nest more than 7 IF statements.
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

"KenCanuck" wrote:

I need to nest about 13 IF functions in one formula, can I do this?