Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How could I share a custom toolbar on the newtwok for all user

I don't understand what you mean by a macro button.

The code at Debra's site creates a toolbar with icons that can be clicked to run
the macros.

If you don't like it floating...

You can change this portion:

.Position = msoBarFloating
.Position = msoBarTop
or
.Position = msoBarBottom

Personally, I like to float it in the window. The user can move it to where
they want, but I figure that they'll notice that it was added!

Eric wrote:

Thank you for your replys,

I tried the instructions that were given but it only shows how to do it with
a macro button. How do I write the VBA code for a custom toolbar that is not
floating in addition to a macro button that is on the toolbar with regular
buttons?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Create the Toolbar through VBA code and make it available to all.

Steps...............

Open a new file and add the code for creating a Toolbar. See below for help.

Save the file as an add-in.

Place the add-in in a common folder and instruct all users to load that add-in
and keep it loaded.

For help on creating a Toolbar see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar02.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 05:58:00 -0700, Eric wrote:

I need to share a custom toolbar on the network so that when multiple users
use a common terminal with Excel, the custom toolbar will appear. I would
prefer having a single custom toolbar file so that there is only one file to
update from time to time and to make sure that everyone's toolbar is
identical.

I have Excel 2003. I believe something has to be done with the registry but
what I tried so far using instructions from Excel 97 hasn't worked so I'm out
of options.

--

Dave Peterson