Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

Default Average Calculations

instead of average function, you need to do a sumif on the row for cells that
have a value, then divide by a countif on cells that have values.

"TLAngelo" wrote:

I did not get a response to this question before, so I thought I'd ask again.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

I have a spreadsheet created that receives data input throughout the month.
Once the whole month is filled in and the extra blank rows deleted there is a
calcuation at the end that tells the average of row Q. It always shows ####
until all the rows are either filled in and/or extra rows deleted. is there
a way to have it calculate the average on an ongoing basis and when new data
is input it
will consider that in the calcualtion as well?

Thanks,

Tania