Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Advanced sorting

Are the items and the values in different columns?

Might there be duplicate values?

RD

"Gerben Dirksen" wrote in message
Hi, I'm sure someone has asked this before, but I can't find it.

I'm looking for a function that sorts a set of data that contains
references. Example, I have this data:

Apple $1
Banana $5
Citrus $3

Now I want to automatically create a list in a different place that
contains the same data, but sorted to value, in this case the result
would be:

Banana $5
Citrus $3
Apple $1

The original table should stay as it is and be changable, i.e if I
change the value of an apple to $4, the new table should automatically
be updated to:

Banana $5
Apple $4
Citrus $3

I tried simple referencing and then sorting, but then it will simply
copy the order from the original table.

Thanks for any help!

Gerben