Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
geebee geebee is offline

Default count occurences meeting criteria

hi,

i have a row 1, and values across the columns in row 1 like "Jan-07" ...
dates randing from "Jan-06" through the present month. I am trying to put a
formula somewhere in the worksheet that counts the number of cells in the
forst row that have a year equal to the current year. Here is what I have,
as an array formula:

=COUNT((RIGHT(YEAR(A1:DD1),2)))=RIGHT((YEAR(TODAY( ))),2)

but it is returning FALSE

what am i doing wrong? if possible i would like to use a countif or
something else besides an array formula.

thanks in advance,
geebee