Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
goconnor goconnor is offline

Default Run-time error '1004'

I should have specified the type of run-time error. In full:

Run-time error '1004'
Application-defined or object-defined error

--
Regards

goconnor

"goconnor" wrote:

I have a macro (Excel 2003) which goes to a range (Range 1) of four columns
and 100 rows to copy to another range (Range 2). The first column of Range 1
contains bandomly-generated numbers (=RAND()). I have been using this file
for quite some time without any problem, as have a number of other people.
One user has reported that he is receiving a Run-time error '1004' each time
he tries to execute the macro. I have read the MS info re this error which
says:

"This issue may occur if one or more of the cells in an array (range of
cells) contain a character string that is set to contain more than 911
characters."

I have had trouble following the MS workaround which seems incredibly
complex. I have formated the random number column to ensure no more than 10
digits after the decimal point.

Can anyone offer any practical solutions to this issue?

--
Regards

goconnor