Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_946_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_946_] is offline

Default Count cells based on whether another cell is blank or not

But adding them together the way you did will counted if either one is
true... I read (as did Peo) the OP as saying he does *not* want that....
either empty, *don't* count it.

Rick

"Max" wrote in message
Agreed, my suggestion was focusing on this OP's line:
.. If either cell is empty I don't want it counted.

To me, it sounds from the line that OP wants either A or B
--
Max
Singapore
"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
That would be either A or B not A and B
To me it sounds as if the OP wants A and B

"Basically I want to count the amount of times that there is data in
col a and col b along the same row"