Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_938_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_938_] is offline

Default How to simplify a L O N G functional argument

Yes... click Insert/Name/Define, type in your name (say AVG) and put the
value in as a formula (even though it will be in the middle of your own
formulas...

=AVERAGE(Sheet6!D12:G12)

You may want to use absolute cell references depending on if you will be
copying it and if you want or need to absolute fix either the row and/or
column reference.

Rick

"Gene" wrote in message
I have the following function (this is a "simple" example):
=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(D12:G12)),"No Data",AVERAGE(D12:G12))

I don't want to retype, the "AVERAGE (D12:G12)" argument, can I use a
"define name" to replace this functional argument? (here in a very simple
format)
THANKS!
Gene:)