Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Belinda7237 Belinda7237 is offline

Default Vlookup problem

I have data that needs to be transferred over from one month to the next - 2
seperate workbooks.

I wanted to use a vlookup formula to carry over the data:

VLOOKUP(G48,'[Bundled Report 06-08.xls]CAU - Invoices'!$A:$F,-6,0)

my problem is the field that needs to be populated is to the left of the
unique id field and using a negative sign doesnt work. Also moving the
columns isn't feasable. Also, if nothing is in the field I want it to leave
the field blank instead of putting #N/A

can I accomplish this with a different function?