Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default need to learn it all... quickly!

So.........what you just said John, is

I would never steal anything "but I might if I needed it"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:46:01 -0700, John C <johnc@stateofdenial wrote:

Like I said, I don't condone it, I wouldn't do it, but the saying goes that
until you have walked in another person's shoes.

For example, I would never steal anything, however, if I were starving, had
no money, and no hope of getting money in the near future for food, could I
still say I would never steal something and thus starve to death? I don't
mean to be so dramatic, but you really can't say what you would or wouldn't
do unless you were under the same circumstances.

Just an FYI, I know that I have lost out on 2 positions in the past because
someone else with supposed similar qualifications was chosen over me, then,
after I was employed elsewhere, those companies had to go back and hire
again. So I have been on the wrong end.