Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default need to learn it all... quickly!

Not that I am condoning what this person did, all that we've said, there may
be mitigating circumstances. Long term unemployment, the hiring company had a
lack of other qualified candidates, job necessary to support sick family, etc.

I am not condoning the fib, but in this economy, I know that desperate times
may call for desperate measures.
Let he/she who has no sin cast the first stone....
--
John C

"CTURNER82" wrote:

I'm encouraged to see people actually taking a stand for good workplace (and
life) ethics. Our company was damaged by a liar ("fib" is a cute word for
something so ugly) and like someone mentioned earlier, our time was wasted,
other qualified applicants missed out on an opportunity, and now it's hard to
trust people and open up to potentially another fraud. I also think it's
insulting to those who are experts at Excel (which I'm definitely not!) to
assume you can learn it all in a week.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Just one of the things wrong with our society today.
"Everyone fibs a BIT on their resumé"
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"ziploc_chik" wrote in message
Oh please.... spare me. Everyone fibs a BIT on their resumé. I've taught
myself the basics of other Microsoft software in an evening. I'm sure
Excel
basics can't take more than a week. I'm a clever cookie. ;P

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Do you really think it fair to yourself or your employer to apply for a
job
you are unqualified for.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"ziploc_chik" wrote in message
I've got a job interview for an office administration position in a
week's
time. I've said that I'm familiar with all Microsoft Office
applications
which is a bit of an exaggeration as I have never really used Excel
that
much.

I have been using the MSN tutorials online and I'm finding them very
user-friendly, and easy to follow. However, there are almost forty
different
lessons and I won't have time to do them all. During my interview I
have
been told I will be sitting a 20 minute test on Excel... which of the
lessons
would you suggest as the most necessary to study??

Kind thanks.