Dave Peterson

You can fill the blank cells with space characters or with a formula that makes
the cell look empty.

I use
=""

I hope that it will be a reminder that I put it in there for a reason!

You can fill in the empty cells pretty quickly by:
selecting your range
edit|goto|special
click on Blanks
click ok--now only the empty cells are selected
type
=""
hit ctrl-enter to fill those empty cells.

Remember to refresh your pivottable.

===
Alternatively, you could use format|conditional formatting to hide that (blank)
value (white font on white fill???).

Santhosh Mani wrote:

Dear Sir
In my pivot table under the row Field when there is no data it is showing
(Blank). How can I avoid appearing (Blank). I dont want to hide the whole row
as there are data in adjacent cells. If I put a space on the cells where
there is no data, it will solve my problem. But it is not easy to do all the
time. Please help

Santhosh
Kuwait

--