Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
frogman124 frogman124 is offline

Default Opening old 2003 spreadsheet in 2007

This may seem like a dumb question, but with Excel 2003 I could go to the
folder where I had all my spreadsheets located and double click on anyone of
them and the spreadsheet would open immediately in Excel 2003.

I have installed Excel 2007 and when I go to the folder where I have my old
spread sheets, double click on any of them, and Excel 2007 opens, but does
not display the spreadsheet immediately. What I found was I had to click the
menu, choose open and then cancel and then the spreadsheet would show.

Anyone have an idea why this is, or is it some new feature that I do not
understand?

Thank you