Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
P Boric P Boric is offline

Default text in mm:ss to time

Thanks, it works but with some "details" (I have tried before with similar
function CLEAN and got similar results):

If I use the mm:ss format I get the answer in the wrong order, (for instance
03: 25 I get 25:03 instead)
If I choose format hh:mm I get the right order but I don't know why
Furthermore in this last format, when a number is greater than 30 minutes
(for instance 46:25), I get displayed a different number as 22:25, but
internally is stored the right value, as when I add it othe time as 02:15 I
get the right answer 48:40
Very strange isnĀ“t? I have checked the regional settings and seem are ok
"Hershey" wrote:

=TRIM(A1)*1
Format as mm:ss

"P Boric" wrote:

_I have times in text format as mm:ss (eg. 03:45) and want to convert them to
time numbers in the same format.