Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
robzrob robzrob is offline

Default Macro To Make Workbook Demonstrate Itself

On Jul 16, 12:54*pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
* * MsgBox "We will start by doing something", vbOKOnly, "Excel demo"
* * Range("C6").Value = "a"
* * Range("C7").Value = "b"
* * Range("C8").Value = "c"
* * MsgBox "Now we do something else", vbOKOnly, "Excel demo"
* * Range("C9").Value = "d"
* * Range("C10").Value = "e"
* * 'etc

--
HTH

Bob

"robzrob" wrote in message

I want to set up a macro which will perform various actions - mostly
simple, like typing this, that or the other into cells, deleting cell
entries, etc. *I'm a complete beginner with VBA, so I want to do the
macro by recording, for example:

* *ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "a"
* *Range("C7").Select
* *ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "b"
* *Range("C8").Select
* *ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "c"
* *Range("C9").Select
* *ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "d"
* *Range("C10").Select
* *ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "e"
* *Range("C11").Select

What I'd like to do after I've recorded it (eg as above) is insert
pauses and make message boxes appear and disappear at various places
and times. *Can anybody tell me how?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Bob, that'll give me something to play with.