Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Macro To Make Workbook Demonstrate Itself

MsgBox "We will start by doing something", vbOKOnly, "Excel demo"
Range("C6").Value = "a"
Range("C7").Value = "b"
Range("C8").Value = "c"
MsgBox "Now we do something else", vbOKOnly, "Excel demo"
Range("C9").Value = "d"
Range("C10").Value = "e"
'etc

--
HTH

Bob

"robzrob" wrote in message
I want to set up a macro which will perform various actions - mostly
simple, like typing this, that or the other into cells, deleting cell
entries, etc. I'm a complete beginner with VBA, so I want to do the
macro by recording, for example:

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "a"
Range("C7").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "b"
Range("C8").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "c"
Range("C9").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "d"
Range("C10").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "e"
Range("C11").Select

What I'd like to do after I've recorded it (eg as above) is insert
pauses and make message boxes appear and disappear at various places
and times. Can anybody tell me how?