Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default counting cells that fall within a certain date range

If it returns a value of zero then your data values are wrong, not the
formula.

Check the values in the range $H$8:$H$107 and in O5 and O6. See what
happens if you use Format/ Cells to reformat the cells. Will the values in
the cells change to and fro between, for example, 17 Jun 2008 and 17/6/08 if
you reformat the cells? If they don't, you've probably got text values
rather than real dates. Check for extraneous spaces or other non-printing
characters.
--
David Biddulph

"MR. NICE" wrote in message
Yes I this is the formula I started out with and it returns the value of
zero. There are actually 11 activities that fall within this date range

"David Biddulph" wrote:

What you were probably trying to ask for was
=COUNTIF($H$8:$H$107,"<="&O6)-COUNTIF($H$8:$H$107,"<"&O5)
--
David Biddulph

"MR. NICE" <MR. wrote in message
I feel I am close but I am not getting an accurate count. I have 100
activities and/or cells that have a date (the date represents when I
need
be finished with the activity). I would like to get a count of how many
activities each week I need to complete based on the dates that are in
each
cell. Currently I am using
=COUNTIF($H$8:$H$107,"=<"+O6)+COUNTIF($H$8:$H$107, "="+O5) the O5 & O6
are
the date range. the formula is counting but it is only counting the
activities that fall ON the dates not within the range. What is up and
can
anyone help? If my boss only knew how much time I put into this freakn'
formula..... Thanks