Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ed ed is offline

Default why do I get a series of pound signs in a cell?

On Jul 15, 4:38*pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
Try changing the format of the cell from text to General.

Mark S. wrote:

The cell was filled with text that I want to keep. Then I copy / paste in
additional text, and all text turns to pound signs (#). Symbols go left to
right in a straight line and do not text wrap at all.
Why is this happening?

--

Dave Peterson

As an afterthought: How can you copy / paste text to a cell with
text in it? You would erase the original text as well as the
formatting. If you copied it off the formula bar and pasted it
editorially in the target cell's formula bar it won't change the
formatting. Just what are you doing?

ed