Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ed ed is offline

Default why do I get a series of pound signs in a cell?

On Jul 15, 4:38*pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
Try changing the format of the cell from text to General.

Mark S. wrote:

The cell was filled with text that I want to keep. Then I copy / paste in
additional text, and all text turns to pound signs (#). Symbols go left to
right in a straight line and do not text wrap at all.
Why is this happening?

--

Dave Peterson

When you copy / Paste the target cell takes on the format of the
copied cell, including erasing your conditiona lformat.. Sop changing
the format to General won't solve the problem. Instead use Paste-
special values.

ed