Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Smilin' Jim Fission Smilin' Jim Fission is offline

Default How can I use conditional formatting to hide or delete rows?

You have to "think outside the box" (pun intended)... Instead of trying to
make the borders thick when your conditional formatting (CF) condition is
TRUE, make all the cell borders thick and set the CF to make them thin (or
dotted, etc.) when your condition is FALSE. Another way is to make all the
cell borders the finest dotted line (which, when printed, looks a solid line
that's thinner than the regular solid line) and have the CF change them to
the regular solid line when your condition is TRUE. I hope this makes sense.

"linda.beautiful.california" wrote:

I want to use conditional formatting to hide or delete rows in Excel if the
cells in column A are blank. How can I do this or, if conditional formatting
won't work, what other way is there to accomplish this?