Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Sorting Worksheet Tabs

Nope.

Just copy Chip's code into a general module inside that VBE window. At the
bottom of that web page, there's a link to a module that can be imported into
your workbook's project:

http://cpearson.com/Zips/modSortingWorksheets.zip

Then create another procedure that call's Chip's code:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
If SortWorksheetsByName(0, 0, "", False) = False Then
MsgBox "something bad happened"
Else
MsgBox "ok--check the sheets"

janabanana wrote:

i copied and pasted it into visual basic. i substituted FirstToSort with
Sheet1.
am i on the right path?
i have 311 sheets. each sheet is a person's name.
help???
--
jana

"janabanana" wrote:

I visited the link below and see the function to sort by tab(sheet) name, but
I do not know where to type this function in. I don't know what all of the it
means, but I thought I would poke at it until I make it work for me.
--
jana

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

See

http://cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm

In article ,
"Jaqi" wrote:

How do I sort worksheets in a workbook based on tab text?

--

Dave Peterson