Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Print 12/1/1 in cell (Excel changes it to date or another #

Use a database:

Customer Magazine Name Format Quantity
Fred Mag1 English 12
Fred Mag1 MP3 1
Fred Mag1 Finnish 1

etc.

Then you can pivot the data, get summary tables, filter, etc.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Say Goodnight, Gracie" wrote in message
While trying to formulate a magazine order list, Excel changes the number of
magazines needed (12/1/1) to a number other than that typed into the cell.
What I need is the number 12 (for English), 1 (for MP3) and 1 (for Finnish)
in this particular cell. How do I get it to print the actual numbers?