Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default Date format for general formatting

I don't know what you have. The date 19 June, 2008 will produce 39618 if
the cell is formatted as General. If you want the cell to display a date,
select the cell, then click on Format - Cells - Number tab - Date, and
choose the date display you want. Click OK. HTH Otto
"rrupp" wrote in message
I have an Excel 2003 worksheet that was sent to me that I want to
manipulate.
The date column is formatted as general and reads 61908 for June 19, 2008
but I want it to read 06/19/08. I'm sure it's something simple I'm
missing.
I've searched the archives but cannot find a solution. Please advise and
thanks for your time.