Ragdyer

Goes all the way back to at least 5.0 as far as I recall.

Step by step:
Cell should be text, numbers don't work (text numbers OK).

In the formula bar, select the characters in the cell you wish to format.
Right click and choose "Format Cells".
Click on "Color", click on "Red", click <OK.

I get red characters, what do you get?

RD

"Marc" wrote in message
nk.net...
Is this in all version of Excel? I can't get it to work in97.

Marc

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
BTW this only applies to all text. you can't do it in a formula without

vba

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Nick Hodge" wrote in message
Marc

Yes, highlight the characters you want in the formula bar (or press

F2,
(or
double click the cell) and edit in-cell), change their font size and

enter

--
HTH
Nick Hodge