Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_918_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_918_] is offline

Default how to count if cell "contains" a word

Okay, I think this is where we are looking at the problem differently. I
read into the OP's examples that his delimited text were **all** 4
characters long. For that interpretation, the commas cannot affect the
search as there would be no way to get a false positive under that
condition.

Note this response of the OP to an effort of mine in which I posed that
question:

Unfortunately, not all the values are four characters.

I had not read that response (which he posted earlier in the day that Harlan
responded to me), so I was still laboring under the impression I had formed
from my first reading of the original post when I responded to Harlan (which
I think is obvious from the arguments I used in my responses to Harlan).
Thanks for pointing that out.

Rick